About Me

My photo
Miranda here, I'm starting this new chapter of my life in Spokane, Washington. God is teaching me a lot, through school, experience and people; through coffee, small talk and online magazines, through stillness and busyness, through roommates and dates; and I want to share it with YOU.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend in Portland, OR with Resa

I had a beautiful weekend getaway in the Land of Port. I was invited by a lovely friend Resa to join her and our new friend Stephen on a drive out to the Eternal City (Thanks to Jack Ill never call it anything besides that). After several weeks of heavy, bad news and no end of difficulty in sight I was really able to regain a sense of hope, regain a sense of responsibility and more than anything, thankfulness for my little-big town that I have the privilege to live in, Spokane. I was able to see my life from the outside and get a new sense of belonging.
We spent Saturday sleeping in! (Whoo hoo!) After a lazy, contemplative morning we (I, Resa, her godmother Tammy and godsister Julianna) headed out to Rolaff farms. This is the home of the Roloffs from Little People Big World. We were able to take a wagon ride around the beautiful property and pick out pumpkins. 
This picyure with my coffee is the only picture I got of Jack, Resa's godbrother (and bff), all weekend. 
He's a gem. Clever, intellectual, and loves Jesus a whole dang lot , reminds me of my own brother :)
Instagrams of the weekend!
Tea and cookies after church Sunday
The weekend ended with an epic roadtrip back to Spokane, hipster music blasting, contrasted with some classic Les Mis (of course), crazy winds and killer tumbleweeds. 

 I would say the weekend was a success! I'm so happy to have a close friend like Resa here at Moody. God is Good! He is sufficient in our times of need and usually adds a surprise like the amazing family I was able to meet and know this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment